Welcome to the Tavelli website! Check back often for updates, which will be posted here.
5th Grade Celebration Recordings:
- Click here for a recording of Mrs. Bolton's and Mrs. Coleman's class celebrations.
- Click here for a recording of Mrs. Foxen's and Mr. Sonnen's class celebrations.
- Weekly Note, 5/21/21 Noticiero, 5/21/21
- Summer Breakfast Program Information Informacion sobre una programa de desayuno de verano.
- Click here to see TreeMendous Dance routines by each homeroom class.
- Click here to see Tavelli and other PSD student artwork in The CSU Designs and Images Art Exhibition
- Bon Voyage 5th Graders!!! Click here to see student designed nametags from Art class. (PSD email and password required.)
- Parent Letter Regarding Class Placement
- Phase 4 Parent Letter from Ms. Hendricks
- Having Tech Problems? Visit the PSD Community Technology Portal Thank you for your patience during these times! WE WILL GET THIS!!!
- Click here for Supply Lists for each grade level.
Mission Statement: "Tavelli Elementary is a school of academics, character and wellness. Our vision is to ENGAGE students for academic and social success. We will INSPIRE a community of diverse learners through collaboration and accountability so our children SUCCEED in a global society."
Tavelli's motto is "Do what’s right, do your best, and respect others, self, and property." We work constantly to help our Pre-K-5th grade students incorporate these values into their daily lives. Additionally, we have made wellness a priority as studies have shown that fitness and good nutrition improve academic achievement. Tavelli teams up with Healthy Kids Club-UC Health, Lions Club, Otter Cares, the Public Library, the Partnership Center, Smithsonian, and Little Kids Rock to name a few. These organizations provide many opportunities for our students both during and after the school day. In 2012, the Tavelli staff chose to be a STEAM-Focused School to make learning relevant for our students in the 21st century.
Tavelli has been recognized by the Colorado Department of Education as a High Achieving School since 2014. In 2018 Tavelli was honored with the prestigious National Blue Ribbon School Award. Tavelli is one of 349 schools to be recognized in the United States that year. We are one of seven PSD schools to earn this honor.
Major Improvement Strategy: Implement a standards-based teaching and learning framework to ensure all students receive effective universal level instruction in all content areas, with emphasis on Tier 2 and Tier 3 instruction.
Principal: Christine Hendricks
Assistant Principal: Mrs. Shirley Woods
Office Manager: Linda Foreman
Office Clerk/Secretary/Attendance Clerk: Jane Spomer
Attendance Line: 970-488-6726
School Resource Officer: Officer Cole Zempel